“Instead of worrying about what you cannot control, shift your energy to what you can create.”
– Roy T. Bennet, The Light in the Heart
Economic growth, business success and social impact are led by inspired individuals. At IMPACT ORIGIN we believe that supporting values-driven professionals will lead to ethical, inclusive, and sustainable long-term growth and inspire future generations.
With up-to-date news, analysis, growth strategies, and an engaged community – we strive to create a platform that informs professionals and gives them a voice to communicate their stories, opinions and expertise while establishing industry relationships.
Our mission is to inspire professionals in the technology industry to embark on their impact journeys – and become the change leaders who in turn inspire the communities they serve.
IMPACT ORIGIN was born, coincidentally, out of our own need for a growth platform.
Following lengthy conversations with professionals in the technology community seeking authentic connections and opportunities to network and collaborate with like-minded individuals; we were inspired to create a platform from the ground up.
We noticed an overwhelming demand for a growth platform in techno-centric hubs like Toronto, especially after hosting numerous in-person events, meetups, and expert panel discussions on key topics in technology.
We realised that hosting our events online increased accessibility and helped us reach a wider audience. The COVID-19 pandemic cemented this decision, but we hope to return to some in-person meetings as well once the situation returns to normal.
1. Honesty and Integrity: We value truth and honesty above all, and we will not report information known to be false or report facts in a misleading way to give a wrong impression;
2. Independence and objectivity: We will not moderate our content under political or corporate duress. Our business model requires we promote the businesses of our clients, in which case the objectivity of the post will be disclosed and open to scrutiny.
3. Diversity and inclusiveness: We value human insights over big data and quantitative analysis. It is important that we value and maintain diversity in our thoughts, views, opinions, research and content.
We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability.
This is reflected in the individuals we onboard and partner with, as well as the promotion of these values in our content.
4. Fairness: We will maintain impartiality and neutrality in presenting all News items. On the other hand, we provide opinions when presenting our long-format content, particularly the Analysis and Opinion sections.
These allow professionals in the industry to air their point of view, while adhering to our high standards which require addressing multiple viewpoints and opposing arguments.
5. Diligence: We will gather and present relevant facts and data to present a good understanding of the matter in discussion. We will also check our facts for accuracy and make corrections immediately if an inaccuracy is revealed to us.
6. Accountability: We take pride in our work and hold ourselves to the highest standards. If mistakes are made, we will accept responsibility and correct them promptly and publicly.
Not only are we accepting of criticism; we welcome it and are willing to face all consequences resulting from our work.
The technology industry has come a long way. Today, it is one of the biggest employers of professionals in every facet: banking, research, consulting, marketing, social media, and everything in between.
As we navigate through a world where every new technological advancement brings about a new set of challenges, we need to think creatively. We need to think outside the box, and have the ability to exchange authentic ideas and share opinions.
The internet was built to help individuals communicate better and make collaborations easier – so that we may each focus on our individuality.
However, improvements in communication have created an increase in noise: scripted introductions, irrelevant and persistent sales pitches, mass marketing, and spam.
Professionals are left feeling overwhelmed and isolated; unable to stay current, learn new things, share their expertise or create a genuine impact on others.
At IMPACT ORIGIN, we want to turn this around by starting with the individual; their skills, knowledge and expertise.
We want to inspire them to tell their stories and share their ambitions.
We want to build a connected community that sees each professional not just as a KPI or website traffic statistic; but as a partner and collaborator.
IMPACT ORIGIN is a multidimensional growth platform for values-driven professionals to maximise their potential through high-value content and thought leadership.
We help launch professionals on their impact journeys by inspiring them with our content, and by providing them the right tools for growth: Information, Communication, and Relationship Management.
The MAGAZINE is our content showcase – available on the website, on social media and via newsletters. We source the latest news and data, as well as share in-depth analysis, opinions, and reports.
Articles are curated to inform readers of the latest issues and trends in the technology industry, as well as inspire them to achieve personal and professional growth.
The COMMUNITY platform allows professionals to connect, network and share their expertise with special interest groups through curated events, both online and offline.
On an individual level, we provide additional benefits to individuals who sign up for MEMBERSHIP. The basic Professional plan is free and accessible to all and allows professionals to comment and share their opinion, as well as get access to community events.
Besides member benefits, we offer individualized growth SERVICES to entrepreneurs, solopreneur, consultants, agencies and small businesses – including one-on-one coaching, growth consultation, information research, communication support, and business developmentI
IMPACT ORIGIN FOR PROFESSIONALS
Our Membership options are catered towards growth-minded individuals, with benefits such as ongoing learning and professional development, as well as access to a communications and community relationship platform.
IMPACT ORIGIN FOR CONSULTANTS, AGENCIES AND SMALL BUSINESSES
1. INFORMATION: Research; both Qualitative and Quantitative, Insights and Data Analysis.
2. COMMUNICATION: Content Marketing; including social media management, press releases, copywriting, reports, and whitepapers.
3. RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT: Public Relations management; including Community Relations, Client Relations and Investor Relations.
4. BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT: Digital adoption, Web creation, Development of multiple income channels and revenue streams, business lead generation, as well as other growth-focused programs.
Including access to the community, information sessions, advertisement, industry reports as well as networking, mentorship, leadership and teaching opportunities.